Oh No! Kim Zolciak-Biermann Forced to Withdraw From Dancing with the Stars After Mini-Stroke
Sad news, guys.
Kim Zolciak-Biermann‘s Dancing with the Stars future has been revealed, and it’s not great.
The Tardy for the Party star was unable to make it to LA to perform on tonight’s TV-themed show after being hospitalized following a mini-stroke last week, and unfortunately, that means it’s the end of her time on Dancing with the Stars.
As host Tom Bergeron revealed during the show, if a contestant is unable to dance due to health problems or injury, they must withdraw from the competition.
Kim appeared via Skype during the broadcast, after partner Tony Dovolaniperformed their I Dream of Jeannie-themed dance with Jenna Johnson, and appeared to be looking great after apparently being discharged on Friday.
“I feel really great. I dont know if you know, but I rehearsed on Saturday,” she explained. “I learned that whole dance that Jenna just did, but then my doctor told me yesterday that it’s too soon to fly.”
Unfortunately, despite pleas from both Kim and Tony, Tom explained that the show’s lawyers wouldn’t budge on bending the rules. Tony did have a sweet message for his partner.
“I just wish her well,” Tony said. “I mean the family comes first, health comes first. I’m just so glad she listened to the doctors. They said she might be able to fly on Sunday next week, so if the rules could be bent, just this one time?”
Apparently, they can’t, and Kim is officially out of season 21, even after improving last week with a judges’ score of 18 out of 30.
Now we’ll just hope she can come back some other season as soon as she’s totally healthy!
via E! Entertainment Online